Senior Strategic Procurement Business Partners who deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness across the organisation and adoption of a social value approach in its commissioning and procurement activities.
Post Holder Specification
- The role is for a Senior Strategic Procurement Business Partner. He/she will be “head of procurement profession” within the Health and Adult services directorate and will be responsible for:
- Providing procurement advise to the director and the Directorate Management Team (DMT);
- Supporting the Health and Adult directorate develop their procurement strategy and annual plans;
- Leading on the transition of procurement practice to e- tendering approach and also, the move to e-contract documentation within directorate of Health and Adult services;
- Undertaking the end to end tendering exercises of strategic and complex projects.
- Supporting the development of effective contract management practices within the directorate;
- Embedding a social value approach within the Health and Adult services procurement activities;
- Promoting /driving collaborative procurement exercises internally (i.e. between departments within the directorate) and externally, i.e. between health and adult services directorate and another directorate of the council;
- Supporting the directorate achieve value for money and social value through their procurement activities;
- Supporting the head of procurement in training and upskilling of officers within the directorate to ensure effective tendering activities and contract management are embedded within the teams;
- Leading the procurement data spends analysis and using it to support the director and his/her senior team develop their directorate procurement strategy;
- Advising principal accountants on all procurement issues;
- Advising and reviewing of the report; and
- Undertaking any other work appropriate to the level and general nature of the duties of the post e.g. work on other areas, depending upon the demand and priorities of the Corporate Procurement Services team.
- Extensive experience within the Health & Adult Services including Public Health
- Extensive experience of procurement, in the area of contract letting/management
- Experience/background within local authority procurement is essential
- Relevant training/experience in working with procurement, contract letting/management.
- Experience and knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Attention to detail and ability to work accurately to deadlines
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills along with the ability to influence (including excellent presentation and report writing skills) – MCIPS qualified or part-qualified greatly beneficial