Newcastle Upon Tyne NE4
· To perform general cleaning duties including dusting, polishing and hoovering throughout the Hospice on a daily basis as per the cleaning schedules and to maintain records of cleaning undertaken.
· The emptying and correct disposal of all non-clinical waste bins from all areas of the Hospice.
· To manage the laundry as and when required ensuring that infection control and best practice is observed at all times
· To familiarise and observe manual handling and CoSHH Regulations (using PPE as appropriate) and observe Hospice Policies and Procedures including all Health and Safety Regulations.
· To ensure that housekeeping storage areas are kept tidy and items are correctly stored.
· To ensure that the Housekeeping Supervisor is kept informed of the need for re-ordering housekeeping provisions and be prepared to order and receive stock in their absence.
· To carry out any specific duties as directed by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Empathy for the ethos of the Hospice
- Good communication skills
- Team worker
- Experience and understanding of CoSHH
- Ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work flexible hours as required
£8.00 per hour
Hours per week: 25 hours